Expressed powers are the powers that Congress specifically has, and is meant to wield. This is expressly shown in the constitution.
- The power to tax and spend for the welfare of America.
- Borrow money.
- Coin money.
- Regulate commerce with other nations and in between states.
- National postage service.
- Declare war.
- Ability to make laws about time and place of electing its members.
- Standardize weights and measurements.
- Write, copyright, and patent laws.
- Establish laws on subject of bankruptcy.